I've learnt a number of things:
1. My knitting is very tied to ideas of family and place - I hadn't really thought about that before, but looking back through the last week's posts there's a lot about relatives and childhood.
2. One person's achievement or aspiration mountain - lace, 4 needles, cable - is another one's day-to-day crafting.
3. The humble freezer bag can really engage knitters.
4. Everyone loves merino yarn but kidsilk can really divide opinion.
5. There don't seem to be a lot of blogging public transport knitters.
It has also confirmed my belief that knitting and crochet are crafts were a few basic techniques can take people in a wide range of directions but give them something to connect over as well.
So thanks to Eskimimi for coming up with the idea and the themes (and get well soon).